Our focus is on student learning and student success.
江苏福彩网-篮球比分The Center for Student Success promotes student learning, academic engagement, and timely degree completion through the coordination of peer-based academic support programs and the management of the College’s Academic Success Referral System, Starfish Early Alert.
江苏福彩网-篮球比分Through collaborative efforts with faculty, academic departments and student services, the Center provides an inclusive, student-oriented learning environment which stimulates academic engagement and the acquisition of knowledge, skills, and personal attributes in support of lifelong learning.
Our Student Learning Outcomes
江苏福彩网-篮球比分As a result of participation in our services (peer advising, writers’ studio, subject tutoring), students will:
- Be able to identify skills and strategies to study effectively, manage time, and set and achieve academic goals.
- Be able to utilize skills and strategies to solve novel problems across academic disciplines and overcome obstacles to learning.
- Gain confidence in their ability to persist in their academic pathway at New Paltz toward a timely graduation.
Students employed at the Center for Student Success (Peer Advisors, Peer Writing Consultants, and Peer Subject Tutors) will:
- Develop a comprehensive set of skills and tools to communicate effectively in order to build rapport, facilitate learning, and work across differences.
- Develop a personal leadership style that leverages individual strengths and guides and motivates peers.
Old Main Building, Room B106
1 Hawk Dr.
New Paltz, NY 12561